Game Rules - Biddy & Junior
Posted by Will vonWedel on Nov 01 2012 at 05:00PM PDT in 2018-2019
Game Rules for Biddy & Junior Levels
All games are played using current NYS HS Girls Basketball Rules, with the following exceptions as decided by the CDGBL Board.
- Game time is four (4) 8-minute stop-clock quarters. One (1) minute break between quarters/OT. Three (3) minute halftime break. Overtime periods are three (3) minutes each and continue until a winner is decided.
- 3-point shot is in effect at all times.
- 10-second backcourt is in effect at all times.
- 3-seconds in the paint is in effect at all times.
- Clock does NOT stop on made baskets.
- Full Court Pressure:
a. BIDDY: Allowed the last four (4) minutes of each half and all of overtime, except if winning team has a 15 point lead or greater. Pressing may resume if lead is reduced to less than 10 points. Trailing team may press at all times.
b. JUNIOR: Allowed at all times, except if winning team has a 20 point lead or greater. Pressing may resume if lead is reduced to less than 15 points. Trailing team may press at all times.
- Timeouts: Four (4) full timeouts per game. Each team is given one (1) additional full timeout each overtime.
- Fouls/Bonus: Two free throws are awarded starting at the fifth foul during each quarter. One and one is no longer in effect. Fouls reset at beginning of each quarter. OT is a continuation of 4th Quarter.
- Free Throw Line: Standard free-throw line is used at all levels. Exception: At Biddy B level ONLY, player may jump over the line without penalty.
- Mercy Rule: During regular season play, if a team is winning by 25 points or more in the second half, the losing team may take a time out which will not be charged to them and ask for application of the Mercy Rule. At that time, the clock goes to running time and the score is stopped for the remainder of the game.
There are no comments for this announcement.